Do you have that feeling sometimes when you're obliged to do something you hate? Out of responsibility. More often than not, it's something we just need to deal with.
I learned something today. While I was in the car before the task at hand, I breathed a big sigh of surrender and prayed, " I'm doing this for You. Not for me. Bless the people I'm going to meet today and make them happy. I want You to know, this is all out of obedience." A wave of relief lifted the task at hand. Everything breezed by very quickly without exerting any effort, similar to a movie in fast forward. It went smooth. I felt happy afterwards. I don't know why I'm sharing this but I realized, we are not alone. I didn't have to carry all the burden of fulfilling a mundane or herculean task in solitude.
Gosh, I'm too serious. Having said that...it led to retail therapy. (I hope hubby's not reading this). Shopping purchases happen once in a while. Honestly. I'm amused to see his eyes grow big whenever he sees stuffed paper bags of Zara, Mango, H&M, not to mention shoes lined up in the hallway.
Speaking of which, how do you reward yourself? When you have fulfilled a difficult task or spent late nights completing a deadline, to chill out as a reward?
My normal personal treats are as follows:
- A nice cup of brewed coffee with a tablet of dark chocolate!
- A full body massage or mani pedi.
- A relaxing facial.
- Cooking myself a dish I'm craving for at that moment and would enjoy eating it, perched on the pouf in front of the telly.
- A shopping treat of clothes or makeup.
- Browsing inside the bookstore and getting myself a book.
- A trip to a fave furniture store and buying something from there. One time I got myself two ottomans and you can just imagine the big eyes my hubby threw me.
- A dinner date with the hubby.
- Dinner or afternoon coffee with bffs.
- All you can eat brunch during the weekend.
- Haagen Dazs Belgian chocolate ice cream large.
- Watching a happy film.
- Long distance phone call home.
What about you? How do you reward yourself?
Image via Sweetest Occasion