One Rainy Day in Kuwait

My day job brings me to the country of Kuwait. I have been living in the Middle East for 8 years now but never really had the chance to visit until last week. I had a great day and very fruitful trip there. I was amazed by how fashionable the women were!  They were dressed in designer clothes, accessories and shoes from head to foot with the limited edition purses dangling on their arm. 

This 11th richest country in the world is located along the Arabian Peninsula bordered by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. It has a population of an estimated 3.5 Million people.

It was raining cats and dogs and unusually cold during our visit.  During summer between June to August, it could get as hot as 60 Degrees Celsius. One could literally fry an egg on top of the car.

I would like to share with you my first impression during a short stop at Souq Sharq.

Kuwait City Skyline from Souq Sharq

Sharq Market Waterfront

Amazing Vegetable, Meat and Fish Market at Souq Sharq

Noon time traffic at Liberation Tower



We had lunch at Johnny Rockets before heading off to the airport to catch our next flight.   I had to capture this smiley face image.  It defines my stay in Kuwait City.

Have a great Monday! 

Share:

0 comments