Happy Wednesday! I thought of posting the nachos recipe in case you're craving for something savory. It is ideal for party appetizers or any occasion. I couldn't find big tortilla chips so I got some thick taco shells from my cupboard and broke them into triangular pieces. For the cheese, I usually take the Kraft brand.
Beef Nachos Recipe
Tortilla Chips - extra thick
Refried Black Beans 2 cups
Shredded Mexican Style Four Cheese (Monterey Jack, Asadero, Cheddar & Queso Quesadilla)
Lean Ground beef 0.3 kg
3 Shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt & Pepper
Lemon /Lime Juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a pan, heat up extra virgin oil just enough to grease the pan and saute' garlic until golden brown. In high heat, add ground beef and add a dash of salt and pepper. Let it simmer allowing it to absorb the garlic flavor until it turns brownish. Add a generous dash of paprika and chilli powder. Add drops of lemon/lime juice. Mix until the spices are evenly spread throughout the meat.
2. Segregate the beef at one side of the pan and add in the sliced shallots. Lower heat to medium. They cook quickly so once it gets a bit transparent & soft, mix it with the beef. Add cumin in the amount to your liking. (I only add a small bit because my hubs is not fond of cumin).
3. Set aside the ground beef. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Spread black refried beans on top of the tortilla gently so that the tortilla doesn't break. Add ground beef on top and 1/4 tsp of sour cream just to make it a little creamy and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Add jalapeno pepper on top of the cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
6. Sprinkle cilantro on top. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
For the vegetarians, omit the beef prep 1 & 2 and it's all good to go.
Writing this makes me hungry. :)