The Pavilion

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.   

A very close friend, Shela, introduced me to a very interesting Art Hub where the local Art community in Dubai frequently meet.  'The Pavilion' Downtown Dubai was initiated by the Shabib brothers,  founders of the successful Shelter project whose main aim is to promote and facilitate creativity and art expression.  It is a perfect venue to hold Art Exhibitions, workshops, lectures and various events.

This 1,400 sq.m space opened last February 2011 and was designed by the Dubai based Canadian Interior Architect, Mr. Abboud Malak, Principal of Studio M.  The Pavilion is equipped with a library, two galleries, a lounge area, a screening room and an espresso bar.  

So far this is the first plant wall or vertical garden I have seen in Dubai.




Photography by:  Sid Silva

I think I'll be spending a lot of time here.  The atmosphere is always oozing with creativity and enthusiasm.
Have a great week everyone!

Share:

0 comments