My Home: A Short Tour

I trust you're all having a wonderful Saturday.  The bright sunny day outside my window prompts me to change into my swim wear and enjoy the nearby clubhouse pool.  The heat decreased lately and in a few weeks, I will definitely be running to the pool.  For now, while waiting for the weather to simmer, I'm going to post photos of my home as I have previously promised.

A dear friend, Lito Flestado of  Captureffic  photographed our humble abode's interior. Lito is the other half of  Captureffic that specialize in event photo booths.

Moving back to the home interior, it was a fun decorating project I  enjoyed doing last year when we decided to move in, in this neighborhood.  It's a quiet family oriented community in the middle of the desert.  Yes, typically a suburban lifestyle.

Photo by: Lito Flestado
The three (3) black and white framed artwork are my travel photos.  The left image is a view of Montmartre in Paris one summer afternoon.  The central picture was taken at Salar del Uyuni in Bolivia at the foot of Vulcan Tunupa.  The artwork on the right is the Christchurch Museum in New Zealand.  I had these images printed at Portfolio.  The frames are great purchases from IKEA.

Photo by Lito Flestado
The artwork below is my own. My first attempt at abstract painting in acrylic called Daydream. I've decided to keep the main entry clutter free.

Photo by Lito Flestado
Some of the furniture are old ones from our previous apartment, such as the three-seater suede sofa here that we bought after we got married.  Guess where I got it?  AHome Centre !  Can you believe it?   Most of these furniture are good finds price-wise from non-designer furniture shops.  The floor lamp is from ID Design.  

Photo by Lito Flestado

Photo by Lito Flestado
Photo by Lito Flestado
Photo by Lito Flestado

Photo by Lito Flestado
Photo by Lito Flestado
The black and white frames are images from travels as well, some of which were taken by my husband.  The piano is strategically placed near the dining area.  It's my way of entertaining the guests with music apart from the lively conversations over food.  The piano forte creates an illusion of a console table when it's not used.


Long behold my favorite white mirror from IKEA and I matched it with the country looking credenza from the same store.

Photo by Lito Flestado
Photo by Lito Flestado
The dining table from The One is a latest addition.  I still  need to purchase two more dining chairs preferably low back at both ends of the table.  The draperies and sheer curtains were custom made locally.   Keep in mind that all these had been executed within the budget. 

Hope you enjoyed the brief home tour. 
Have a lovely Saturday! 

Share:

0 comments