Free Day

I feel extraordinarily happy today. Maybe it is the weekend or the fact that I just played an inspiring song "Beautiful World (We're All Here) " after messing up a beef stew. I'm not a gifted one in the kitchen.

Being the eldest in the family back in my teens, I had to cook for my siblings. They had no choice but to eat whatever I prepare. Oh dear, I remember the chicken a la king I made after learning it in home economics class. I dumped two bars of butter in there. My three sisters and brother were enjoying their dishes and immediately right after the meal, they ran to the toilet.
I'm not sure why that memory popped into my head right now. Maybe it's the sorry beef stew waiting for me in the kitchen and missing my siblings at the same time.

I'm happy because I have a free day.

Share:

0 comments