Creating a Gallery Wall



Spending more time at home nowadays is the trend.  What about catching up on home decorating projects  with existing home accessories in your storage room?
There was this wide and blank white wall  next to the sofa in the house where we moved in.  With two coats of fresh white paint in semi-gloss finish  the walls looked much neater.

I chose a semi-gloss finish because it's easier to clean especially with a child around. Cleaning Tip: I use wet wipes to remove drawings on the wall. 

Before

I have an existing long white framed mirror that used to be in our bedroom and some old frames.   I finally gathered the courage to display my own oil paintings that were inside carton boxes for many years.  I changed the images in the 2 wooden frames below.  I displayed my artist friend's, Tyago Almario "Break" painting and two of my own;  "Tea Time" amd "Le Garcon Pensif".  

I traced the frames on paper and used these templates as a guide. It makes it easier to arrange and re-adjust them in preparation for drilling holes.


 Et voila!  I placed my piano below the frames. It's my way of bringing the most precious things to me within our living space;  Family, Music and Art together. 


To spice up the living area  a bit, I found these  inexpensive cushion covers at AllHome .


After

Happy decorating everyone!
Happy Weekend!

Love & light,
Arni

Share:

1 comments

  1. For some reason the biggest picture on the right bothers my eye! It breaks the balance somehow, but I don't know whether it is because it is big or because it is higher than the others. We do ever so love cushions! We should change them every season :)

    ReplyDelete