Cauliflower Dish

There's this recipe that I've learned from my french in-laws.  I was told  there's no name for this, so I'm calling it Cauliflower Dish.  The first time I opened their kitchen cabinet, I was amazed by how empty their spice shelf was.   Salt, Pepper, Wine Vinegar and Oil are typically the only habitants.Whereas, my home kitchen cabinet is filled up with a huge variety of spices craving for more shelf space.  The French are more fond of using fresh herbs from the potager to spice up their food, if required.  Usually, they could do without and make wonders with just salt and pepper.



Cauliflower Dish

Ingredients:

1 Cauliflower, big, cut into florets
 Salt, as per taste
Dash of Black Pepper
2 teaspoon of Salted Butter 

Directions:

Wash well and steam the cauliflower florets until tender.
In a non-stick pan, over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of butter.
Add in the Cauliflower, allowing it to fry.
Add a generous dash of black pepper and salt to taste.
Add another teaspoon of butter (add more if you prefer)
Wait for the cauliflower to brown and serve hot.


A great side dish to meat. This is a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes.  I'm happy eating this cauliflower alone. Perfect for vegetarians!  Bon Appetit!

Image source

Share:

0 comments