Finding Passion

I am pleased by what I did. I found my passion in making lifeless spaces beautiful. Furniture makes me happy. Table lamps and cushions excite me. I escape from work related stress by surfing new designs of floor lamps and ottomans. I enjoy organizing things together and seeing my work transform in front of me. I'm still doubtful though, whether I should make a living out of this.

There are far too many out there. I am afraid to be a needle in a haystack screaming to be found. This job had been very elusive and the rejections for not having sufficient works in my portfolio after several attempts seemingly convinced me to stop my pursuit. I then turned my attention on making money in a career that I despise. Needless to say, I'm lost, hoping for a chance of being happy and fulfilled one day.


Share:

2 comments

  1. In the movie Bruce Almighty, Bruce was miserable with his life. But it happened that he was given God's powers. Among the first things he did was to try out his power by parting a soup in a restaurant. Using his power, he granted all that was asked of him. But instead of making everybody happy, he created a havoc.

    Later on, he went to see God to seek God's advice. God said:

    Parting a soup is not a miracle, Bruce, it's a magic trick. A single mom who's working 2 jobs and still finds time to take her kid to soccer practice - that's a miracle. A teenager who says "no" to drugs and "yes" to education - that's a miracle. People want me to do everything for them. But what they don't realise is they have the power! You want to see a miracle, son? Be the miracle!

    When I was young, I wanted so much to be an engineer. But I hadn't the means to achieve my ambition. I felt so disappointed in myself. I ended up taking up another course instead. It felt like I loved a woman but was forced to marry another! It turned out that I fell in love with the course that I took anyway, and became quite successful in it! In fact, I dare say it's a blessing in disguise!

    Sometimes life is like that, don't be blind to other opportunities out there. You may just surprise yourself if you find other things you can be good at; and learn to love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cornelius for your message.
    It has been a while since I checked my blog, hence the late reply. To my surprise, what you shared with me is very timely and exact. After years of searching, I found a small window of possibility. What I'm meant to do is just right in front of me all along. It didn't really occur to me until I met someone who was well ahead on the same path. After a big light bulb moment, it all became clear. It's a big leap of faith to pursue this. I have complete trust that if a lot of people would benefit from this, then I'm making the right decision. All I know is that I'm extremely happy when I have the brushes in my hand and the canvass is transforming in front of me into something beyond my expectations.

    ReplyDelete